Thursday, March 8, 2007

Mac to PC, come in?

The truck's battery connection is on the fritz, and I couldn't get it to start this morning. So, I am trying to work from home. Trying to get my Mac to talk to my work PC through a VPN is not as straightforward as I had hoped (or that IT had promised).

Strange -- I am more anxious to get my work done from here than I usually am at the office. Hmmm? Am I that nervous I'll be perceived as a slacker? Or worse yet, maybe I am nervous folks in my office will just assume I am staying at home to work on my thesis. I'd love to do just that, of course, but I'd feel too guilty.

I guess for my "lunch break" I'll take the dogs for a walk; they are kind of wound up and have been pestering me. The wind is back, so it won't be a pleasant walk, unfortunately.

Well, I'm off to try and accomplish as much as I can via e-mail and fight with this VPN connection for a few more hours.

2 comments:

  1. Somehow I can get more work-work done at home than at the office, but I get more school work done when I'm not at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. about your truck battery - pour Coke on it. But, for the love of God, don't drink it!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification. Spambots have found this little blog!