Thursday, March 29, 2007

Go, Cowgirls!!!!

Last night, the University of Wyoming women's basketball team beat Kansas State University, 89-79, in triple-overtime to advance to the finals in the Women's National Invitation Tournament (WNIT). It was soooo exciting—both teams fought like hell up to the very last second. Last night was another record-breaker in attendance: 12,225 fans!!! This is the largest crowd to ever attend a WNIT semifinal game ever. The 16,000+ tickets for the championship game sold out just after 9:00 a.m. today. Who says women’s sports aren’t a good draw of revenue?

I am proud of all the women on both teams – they all did a great job. H., the student employee in my office, kept her cool through the entire game, and really stepped up her defense during the overtime play. She is such a leader for her teammates. I was especially proud of her. I have such a sore throat today from cheering so loudly!


And here’s the kicker: I HATE BASKETBALL. It is right up there with gristle, Republicans, and my alarm clock that insists on doing its job properly by scaring the bloody hell out of me at 5:30 a.m.


So, the Cowgirls play University of Wisconsin on Saturday. L. – who knew our paths would cross so often the last few weeks?! And your wish for the snow to stay in my neck of the woods was granted; this morning we woke up to snowdrifts that were well past my knees. (Yes, as you point out the obvious, I am pretty damn short. But, by any measure, there really is a lot of snow on the ground!) And it is still snowing…

1 comment:

Sorry for the word verification. Spambots have found this little blog!