2. I need to get much work done on The Thesis this weekend. The situation is rapidly approaching the category of DIRE. A. will be out of town ice-fishing in the northern part of the state so I should be able to hunker down and work. I hope.
3. I swear I heard A. mention to a friend on the phone that someone died going through the ice last week on the lake he will be fishing.
Dear God, how am I going to concentrate, what with all the fretting I will be doing?
4. I made Sloppy Joes for dinner tonight (Thursday). I used butter instead of oil. It was yummy. Here is the recipe for your own enjoyment. (Make them. They are YUMMY.)
A.'s Mom's Sloppy Joes
- 1 1/2 lb. hamburger (we used ground moose)
- 1/4 cup onion (I just eyeball it and use about half of an average yellow onion)
- 2 T. shortening (I've never used shortening, used to use canola oil and just this time used butter. Mmmm... the smell of onions cooking in butter...SO GOOD)
- 1 C. celery, diced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 C. catsup (How do you guys spell ketchup?)
- 1 C. water
- 2 T. vinegar
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
Brown hamburger and onion in the fat of your carefully informed choice. Add other ingredients. Simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Oh, how I love A. I am ridiculously fond of his nose. I remember, quite clearly, falling in love with that nose on our first date.
Doesn't he have a great, stupid, fake-for-the-camera grin? *sigh*
He had this picture filed under "family." Damn, I love this man. I sure hope all this butter keeps him around for a long, long time.