1. This morning I hopped out of bed with loads of plans and motivation. I was going to make yummy oatmeal with a bit of brown sugar, raspberries, and apricots, then bring the recycling to town, haul ass on some final projects at work and call it a day.
Instead, I took one step in the shower and proceeded to ever-so-gracefully fall. Hard. I had one leg hanging out of the tub. I tried catch my fall with my hands, but they were mysteriously totally ineffective. I stopped my fall with my left eyebrow on the edge of the tub.
I had used an olive oil sugar scrub the night before and forgot to rinse out the tub. Let that be a lesson to you. Don't forget to rinse OIL off the floor of your slipper TUB. Jesus, I feel like an idiot.
2. I sort of kicked ass, though, for being such a dumb ass. Once I realized I'd split my face open (!!!) I turned toward the shower, gingerly held the wound open and rinsed it really well. SUCKED.
3. I have 8 stitches. Eight! So far, I have not freaked out. I didn't have an anxiety episode when they gave me the numbing shots or the stitches, either. Yay for crazy meds!
4. I meditated during the whole procedure. Cooky as shit, sure. But it totally helped me keep my shit together.
5. I am off to get some Tylenol and take a nap.
Happy Friday to you!