The rules are, as follows,
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself. – Laura talked about food, so I am, too.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them)
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
1. Meat freaks me the right hell out, but I wish that it didn’t. I like the taste of meat, and I think it provides important nutrition. I know I drive family and friends a bit batty with my random shrieking and gagging at the dinner table (yes, yes I have done that).
But, I imagine pathogens all over and in it, and am TERRIFIED of biting into a piece of GOD KNOWS WHAT that I can’t get my teeth through. After An Incident of Biting Into Something Scary, my gag reflex is then on High Alert and I can’t even choke down a raw baby carrot. *gag* A. now recognizes the look that comes across my face when this happens, and has been known to quietly pass me a napkin to spit into when this unfortunate event happens in a public place. LOVE HIM.
2. Once, while browning up some ground moose meat for Sloppy Joes, I saw a piece of something that was this color:
It really was! I am not exaggerating! Ask A.! I made him look and made him *gag* remove it. *GAG*
My terror around all things meat has increased tenfold since.
3. I am not, however, scared in the slightest to eat raw fish. I looooooooooooooove sushi and sashimi. I crave it. I could eat a spicy tuna roll every day and never grow bored. Yum. Which is all very problematic and unfortunate since I live in a sea of sagebrush.
4. Going to the grocery store to buy food results in near anxiety attacks every week. I’ve been known to abandon my cart in the store for a few minutes, step outside, and breathe deeply before returning to the Cave of Sinister Tricks and Evil Lies. I’ve gone into some of my concerns about food and nutrition a bit before, but the sheer sophistication, cynicism and greed of the food marketing and delivery system boggle my simple mind. (Let’s not leave the nutrition industry out of the indictment!) The bummer is, the more I start to think about things, the more desperately I want out of the rabbit hole.
And I have a hard time keeping this shit in perspective.
5. I’ve got three food “projects” in mind. I’d like to attempt to make the following from scratch very soon:
a. whole-wheat bread with sprouted whole wheat grains that I sprout myself;
b. mayonnaise; and
I am far too lazy to tag anyone, and for all I know everyone is sick of being tagged. Feel free to tag yourself if you just want to talk about food or if you are struggling with a topic today.
Happy Wednesday to you!