1. I forgot to put on my make-up this morning. Plum forgot.
2. Some of my weekend plans include ripping out some sagebrush and preparing a patch of land for a garden. I am nervous about this for a plethora of both rational and irrational reasons, the most pressing of all that I will get dirty. I am a wuss and a pain in the ass when it comes to dirt. I would think this an ominous trait for a hopeful, some would say insanely naive, would-be gardener, no?
3. Since we are talking dirt and how it drives me batty, even worse than the cold, cold! COLD! water when wet-wading and fly-fishing (wandering into the river with bare legs and feet only in sandals) is the ride home. Little bits of river dirt and smelly stuff drying to my feet is positively torturous. Not to mention then my feet also get that really horrid, dry, stretchy/crackly feeling from drying out, too.
4. But! I cannot wait to go fly-fishing. Just a few more weeks!
5. A. and I are starting wonder if we will be able to attend a wedding later this month because of fuel costs. The wedding is an 11-hour round trip on the road. The groom, JR, is a dear friend, and I am sure he will understand if our budget dictates that we stay home. I've been pinching some pennies to try and make it work. I'd love to be able to celebrate with him, and many friends that I only see every couple of years will be there. We'll see.
However, if we just can't manage it, we've already sent in our RSVP as attending (before fuel went up to $3.48 a gallon and looks to keep on climbing). I feel terrible that the groom and his future wife will be paying for two extra plates at their reception and we might not be there.
Would it be terribly tacky to offer to send some money to cover the cost of our meals? Or, maybe without saying so, send some cash along with a wedding gift? I know the groom very well and feel like we could chat about this. But he is an old-fashioned sort of guy and would probably refuse any money. Thoughts?
Hopefully all of this can be avoided because A. and I will be there, toasting JR and his new bride.
Happy Friday to you!