Thursday, November 29, 2007

Quirky Loveliness

A couple of you had mentioned that Pushing Daisies was kind of a neat little show. Last night, as A. was flipping through the channels waiting for the Colorado Avalanche game to start and I was basking in the new-found happiness that is a productive and competent thesis committee, I noticed that Pushing Daisies was about to start. I asked A. to flip to it for a bit so I could check it out.

OHMYGOODGRIEF!

Is this show always narrated in a Dr. Seuss-like fashion? Are the reds and greens always kicked up a notch or two? Is there always a bit of dark humor wrapped in kitschy tartness?

BECAUSE I LOVE IT AND I HOPE IT NEVER, EVER, EVER GOES AWAY.

Ever.

5 comments:

  1. It is VERY Dr. Suess-like, isn't it? It's almost...comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! That's the appeal of the show - it's bright and cartoon-y, but with grown-up humour and sexual tension. It reminds me of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the newer one with Johnny Depp).

    I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, too. The bright colors, the happy announcer. It's sure to be canceled any day now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The weird thing is that it's a really good show AND everyone likes it. It's like a miracle. Maybe it won't get canceled. (Fingers crossed.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, i officially need to start watching this STAT. i've heard nothing but raves.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification. Spambots have found this little blog!