1. Work still sucks. A lot. I am truly not being paid enough.
2. I rocked our monthly household budget this month. Big time!
3. As a result, I have already purchased Christmas gifts for both names I drew in A.’s family, A.’s mom, and two out of three of my co-workers.
4. Normally I purchase my next year’s holiday cards right after Christmas, when cards are on sale for 50–75% off. This is the only way I can afford my Holiday Card Habit. Last year, however, I was ice-fishing with someone, and missed all the sales.
Two weeks ago, I found really pretty holiday cards online and on sale. Normally, they were $20 per box of 16 cards. They were on sale for $1 per box! I am all set for under $10. They arrived earlier this week and they even look great! Woo hoo!
5. I, um, am going hunting with A. this weekend.
The last time I went “hunting” I was a little girl and it was with my dad. These “hunting” trips consisted of my sisters and I getting dressed from head to toe in hunter orange, heading up to the mountains with my dad, running around all batshit crazy until we were exhausted, eating chili that was cooked over the fire, and heading home.
My dad’s rifle never came out of the sleeve.
This is how I imagine one goes “hunting.”
A. has our course – our ON FOOT course – all mapped out on Google Earth. There is much strategy and sneakiness involved, and not much riding in the truck.
My feet already hurt.
Also, I am really nervous I am going to cry like a blubbering idiot if A. does kill a deer. Also, I am afraid I am going to puke when confronted with all of the activities that follow a successful shot.
Happy Friday – and HALLOWEEN! – to you!