Sunday, October 12, 2008

Cozy

I made homemade roasted tomato soup, Autumn Sausage casserole, and Crazy Cake this weekend. Fall is here, and it is time to nest!

++++

It has been snowing lightly all evening. It isn't sticking, but there is the smell of snow and chimneys in the air.

++++

A. and I spent the afternoon chopping and stacking the remaining firewood. We've fired the stove most of the day, and we are toasty warm. We are ready for winter.

++++

A. and I arrived home a couple of hours ago from a "going away" party at my boss's place in honor of my (former) co-worker. I miss him a lot. I don't think I realized just how much of a friend he'd become over the past two years.

I guess I am going to have to start taking lunch hours so I can drag him out to lunch to catch up.

++++

AP, the partner of my best friend, DPR, turned 30 today. Freakin' BABY. So young! He and I caught up with each other on the phone for a bit tonight, and truly my soul is content and light. AP is simply one of the most genuine, loyal and adorable people in the whole world.

Everyone should have someone like AP in their lives.

++++

AP is trying - very hard - to convince me to move A. and I closer to he and DPR when A. graduates. It might be working. At least on me. Hee hee.

++++

The dogs have 3/4 of the couch, I am smooshed into the remaining 1/4 and A. has been relegated to the rocking chair.

Ahem.

++++

I just brewed a lovely cup of tea, Apricot Ginger Black Tea from Good Earth Teas. It is yummy. I usually drink the original Sweet and Spicy tea by Good Earth, but this sounded like a lovely autumn tea. I do love the Sweet and Spicy tea. A very dear friend, a wonderful graphic designer in DC recommended it to me and I've never turned back. Plus, I think of her every time I brew it.

++++

I am warm, cozy, blessed and happy.

Happy Monday to you!

7 comments:

  1. Mmm. This post made me all cozy. I was almost longing for winter. Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. I'm coming over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how lovely is THIS??? You know I love fall, and a good fall story of snuggles shared and had by all makes me even happier!

    What, pray tell, is Crazy Cake?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....snow? SNOW??!??! NOT TIME FOR SNOW YET!!

    it got up to 80 here today, which is equally Not Right. it should be.. say... 56 degress. yes.

    all that cozy snuggling in sounds mighty nice, though..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really glad you're feeling ready for winter. Where you live, that's very important. That stove was a very good investment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely sounding Monday!

    And Annie tries to muscle me out space, just like your pooches. Sometimes I let her win.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well aren't you just a little ray of sunshine?!? :D I love reading posts like this.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification. Spambots have found this little blog!