I am going to Omaha to see my delightfully pregnant sister, T., for the long weekend. But I can't decide how I want to get there. Both options, for now, cost about the same.
Option A: Take the train.
- First - A. drives two and a half hours to Denver to drop me off to catch the train on Friday night.
- A. drives back to L-town.
- Get lulled to sleep by the sweet motions of public transportation.
- Get woken up by the oddities and potential frights of public transportation.
- Arrive in Omaha EARLY Saturday morning.
- Repeat in reverse on Monday night/Tuesday morning, complete with A.'s second round trip to Denver.
- Don't have my own car, thus requiring some additional planning to visit Black Sheeped while in there.
- I love train travel, though in the States it is different.
Total travel time for the round trip: 24 hours.
Option B: Drive my own damn self
- Leave at 5:30 a.m. on Saturday, drive 8 hours to Omaha on mind-numbingly boring I-80.
- Hopefully the six to eight inches of snow falling along the entire route today and tomorrow will have melted (not likely - high temps will only be reaching 10 the next week), or at the very least haven't left an icy, nasty mess.
- Drive back on Tuesday, also hoping that Monday's predicted storm doesn't leave me with too much ice and snow.
- Have a car to go see Black Sheeped.
- Enjoy a road trip by myself, complete with singing at the top of my lungs to whatever music I want to listen to. I haven't done this in years and I always loved it.
Total travel time for the round trip: 16 hours plus any bad road delays
Ok, folks! Help me make up my mind. I am leaning toward driving, except for the stupid weather...
This is ridiculous.