Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Just Five More Minutes

I am not a morning person. Never have been, and probably never will be.

That said, I still manage to wake up five minutes before my alarm goes off every morning. Or, rather, I manage to be woken up five minutes before my alarm goes off.

An insistent little white paw taps me on the shoulder every single morning. I wake up, groggy as hell, wondering what the fuck is going on. I start to dismiss whatever it is that may have woken me and begin to drift back off.

Another insistent paw. I roll over. Perky black ears. Bright, light blue eyes. And a smile.

Belle.

Always five minutes before the alarm is set to go off. And never on A.'s side of the bed.

Oh, Belle.

3 comments:

  1. Will it make you feel any better to know that Annie does the same thing to me? Only she does it about 30 minutes before the alarm goes off. And if I oversleep, she gets right in my face and meows. Loudly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does make me feel better! Ha - what kind of friend am I?

    I really wouldn't look forward to being awake if Belle SAT on my face to get me to that state! Hang in there, little Annie is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thankful that Rowen isn't a morning dog. If she's still in the bed when I wake up, then she usually attempts some sort of protest---trying to push me down with her paws or just being so completely irresistably snuggly that I can't possibly leave her. And then she'll go back to sleep for at least another hour or so after I've gotten up.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification. Spambots have found this little blog!