Thursday, May 17, 2007

It's always a good time for cake!

I am exhausted. I got back late last night from the statewide spring meeting for the organization I work for, and I haven't managed to really wake up and join the living all day. Typing has been especially maddening today. I woke up dyslexic and with extra long fingers, apparently. (If only you knew how long this post is taking me to type up!)

Lethargic is the word of the day. I really think someone in the office thought it would be funny to replace the morning pot of coffee with decaf. Maybe my officemate is still getting back at me for post-it noting his workspace while he was on vacation.



As I ponder the cause of my utter lack of energy, poor motor skills and inability to find the right word to explain anything I am trying to say, my oh-so-silent alarm clock comes to mind. Last night I managed to set my alarm for PM instead of AM. The, I woke up in a panic an hour late this morning, adrenaline running through my veins and frying my startled little neurons. All of this probably hasn't encouraged me to greet today gracefully or with much presence of mind.

I am also too groggy and loopy to write a decent post (as you are well aware, for you have fought your way to here, through stifling boredom and poor sentence structure). So, here is a fun post idea, blatantly stolen from Nothing Special. (Thanks, L.!!)

Below is my cake personality. I was surprised by the result. I just assumed I'd be the kind of mousy but sweet angel food cake. What's your cake personality?

You Are a Lemon Cake

Strong, sexy, and overpowering.
You know who you are, and you're not afraid to show the world your fabulous self.
You're confident, charming, and extremely popular.

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. After turning in my LAST PAPER yesterday morning, my brain shut down for the summer. I haven't had a coherent thought in more than 24 hours!

    Hope you get some rest!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification. Spambots have found this little blog!