Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Five

1. Thanks for the Get The Grumps Out suggestions. You guys are awesome, you know that?

2. After my late afternoon therapy appointment yesterday (which was productive, but I was still grumpy), I called in to work to let them know I wasn't coming back. I just didn't feel like it, dammit. I am in the middle of projects that bore me to tears, and it is so hard for me to give a shit once I am bored.

3. After A. got off of work, we decided to go back into town and go to dinner and just enjoy the weather. It was so good to reconnect, rather than what has become our routine of late: scarf down dinner together and then separate. It was nice not to go hide from him in the back room to work on The Thesis. It was so nice to talk to him and just enjoy him. I do love that man.

Our little outing together did WONDERS for my mood.

4.  I have started to job hunt, in anticipation of finishing The Thesis. I found a job that is part patient advocate (ALWAYS wanted to do this) and part family/patient coordinator/navigator-thingy at a large hospital in Denver. I would love this job. Sure, it would be tough, especially those days when I have to try to get a surgeon to quit being a dick and talk to a patient's family. But I am not in the least bit intimidated by surgeons or other arrogant, entitled fucks, so I think I would be good at it.

I would never be bored in a job like that.

Also? I would always wonder if I was about to be fired! The anticipation! I mean, I doubt surgeons enjoy being called dicks, you know? It would only be a matter of time until I got canned.

5. A goddamn English sparrow has been hanging around our bird boxes. Both a Mountain Bluebird pair (my favorite! I hope they move in!) and a pair of swallows (gorgeous) have been checking out our boxes. And now there is this Asshole Sparrow hanging around, being a bully.

When I stumbled out of the bedroom this morning to pour myself a cup of coffee, I was startled completely awake as A. ran by me, swearing. He is a total morning person, so this was weird behavior. I mean, just minutes before he was singing, "Good Morning! Good Morning! It is good to get out of bed! Good Morning, Good Morning! It is good to get up, sleepy head!" (Fucking morning people.)

Anyway, he rummaged around the hall closet until he found his sling shot (purchased for the sole purpose of Sparrow Deterance), and opened the front door. He was taking aim at the little bully when the sparrow flew away.

"Crafty little devil. He knows what's coming."

We, um, take our role of Protectors of the Bird Boxes rather seriously.

Good Morning and Happy Friday to you!

4 comments:

  1. You guys are so cute, I love it. That job sounds WONDERFUL for you and if you were good at it, I doubt you'd get fired. I hope you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This world NEEDS more people who will call those dick surgeons out on their dickish behavior. Sounds like an awesome job.

    A. sounds exactly like my mum in the mornings. I, also, am not a morning person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The saving grace of morning people is that they can shoo off the bad guys with a slingshot before the rest of us even know what's going on.

    Although frankly, since I am definitely not an afternoon person, and even less of an evening person, and not particularly lively or chatty before 10 am or so, I think I'm basically a 10 am person. That's when I'm on the ball. And only then.

    Ooh, I am crossing my fingers that you are coming to Denver!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, that is exactly the kind of job i DO NOT WANT, so i am so glad there are people like you to want them instead :-) if that is something you like, it sounds like a GREAT position! are you guys considering a big move like that? whee, denver!!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification. Spambots have found this little blog!