1. Thanks for the Get The Grumps Out suggestions. You guys are awesome, you know that?
2. After my late afternoon therapy appointment yesterday (which was productive, but I was still grumpy), I called in to work to let them know I wasn't coming back. I just didn't feel like it, dammit. I am in the middle of projects that bore me to tears, and it is so hard for me to give a shit once I am bored.
3. After A. got off of work, we decided to go back into town and go to dinner and just enjoy the weather. It was so good to reconnect, rather than what has become our routine of late: scarf down dinner together and then separate. It was nice not to go hide from him in the back room to work on The Thesis. It was so nice to talk to him and just enjoy him. I do love that man.
Our little outing together did WONDERS for my mood.
4. I have started to job hunt, in anticipation of finishing The Thesis. I found a job that is part patient advocate (ALWAYS wanted to do this) and part family/patient coordinator/navigator-thingy at a large hospital in Denver. I would love this job. Sure, it would be tough, especially those days when I have to try to get a surgeon to quit being a dick and talk to a patient's family. But I am not in the least bit intimidated by surgeons or other arrogant, entitled fucks, so I think I would be good at it.
I would never be bored in a job like that.
Also? I would always wonder if I was about to be fired! The anticipation! I mean, I doubt surgeons enjoy being called dicks, you know? It would only be a matter of time until I got canned.
5. A goddamn English sparrow has been hanging around our bird boxes. Both a Mountain Bluebird pair (my favorite! I hope they move in!) and a pair of swallows (gorgeous) have been checking out our boxes. And now there is this Asshole Sparrow hanging around, being a bully.
When I stumbled out of the bedroom this morning to pour myself a cup of coffee, I was startled completely awake as A. ran by me, swearing. He is a total morning person, so this was weird behavior. I mean, just minutes before he was singing, "Good Morning! Good Morning! It is good to get out of bed! Good Morning, Good Morning! It is good to get up, sleepy head!" (Fucking morning people.)
Anyway, he rummaged around the hall closet until he found his sling shot (purchased for the sole purpose of Sparrow Deterance), and opened the front door. He was taking aim at the little bully when the sparrow flew away.
"Crafty little devil. He knows what's coming."
We, um, take our role of Protectors of the Bird Boxes rather seriously.
Good Morning and Happy Friday to you!