Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tid-Bits

Turns out that $700 of unplanned (or poorly planned, as it were) car work and new tires really wreaks havoc on a budget. A budget with very little wiggle room. Good times.


++++

I have not bothered to update or keep up with our household budgeting for the past two months while working on The Thesis in overdrive. A. could do it, but I haven't asked him too. Maybe I should, seeing as how that $700 had a much bigger impact on my checking account than I'd counted on. He's already handling nearly all the household chores and cooking, however. Maybe I can get my shit together in a couple of hours on Saturday. Gah.

++++

I have to make SIGNIFICANT progress on The Thesis by Sunday, as A. and I are FINALLY going to a Rockies game! A.'s sister and her hubby will be in Denver and I am looking forward to hanging out without any kiddos. Love the niece and nephew, but grown up activities are fun, too!

++++

It snowed and was blizzardy and shitty yesterday. We have only had ONE full 24-hour period where we haven't had a fire going in the stove. Ridiculous.

++++

The last of the snow melted off around noon today, and we finally have some buds showing up on our apple and choke cherry trees. I saw some purple tulips in town today. I have never seen purple tulips.

++++

Boy, this post was a huge waste of your time. Sorry about that.

++++

Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. This was NOT a waste of my time, because now I know you're coming to Denver! Any chance you'll have time to see us, or will this have to wait til next time?

    Sorry about the $700, by the way. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no waste of my time! i just experienced similar budgeting problems while finishing up this last semester, but it all works out in the end. Sounds like you are in the stretch run of The Thesis! YaY!!

    Have a Blast at the game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No! It is NOT still snowing at your house! NO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's these in-between seasons where the hour's drive between Colorado and Wyoming makes such a difference (and, ok, I know that in theory there are places where WY and CO are closer together than one hour). I mean, the wind plays its own windy part. But in spring it seems like there's some kind of wormhole that opens up between the two places.

    Also, honey, *I* am going to the Rockies game on Sunday. I think this means that we HAVE to meet up and grab an $8 beer together.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification. Spambots have found this little blog!