1. I took today off from work to stay home and work on The Thesis. I have gotten a little bit done, but I think I am going to cut this session short. Because...
2. I am planning on going to my folks this weekend, and I have a four and a half hour drive ahead of me. I am going by myself with the dogs. This is actually my first trip by myself with the pups! I am terrified one of the little shits will jump out of the car while I am trying to wrestle their leashes on at a rest stop. Stinkers. Actually, they are pretty good and behaving, but I am still nervous. It is my first solo trip as a mom!
3. I am super pumped because I am stopping in my hometown (my folks moved when I was a freshman in college) to have dinner with my best friend from high school, KNC. She is just one of the most fabulous people I know, and I kind of have a crush on her four-year-old son. Pretty excited!
4. It is snowing. IT IS SNOWING. So, I think I am going to leave earlier than planned so I can deal with the fog - DAMMIT I HATE DRIVING IN FOG - and wet roads without feeling rushed.
5. A. is going turkey hunting this weekend. Wish him a fruitful and safe trip!
Happy Friday to you!