Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Ball is Out of My Court. For a Bit, Anyway.

I turned in Chapter One to My Advisor! I wrapped up the chapter at 9:01 p.m. last night, just one minute longer than I told myself I was going to work on it. Woo hoo!

I feel better about it. I know the strong areas and I know the sections I am struggling with and I simply asked for help.  What a load of my shoulders! Now I am going to read, read! READ! while I wait for comments back from My Advisor.

++++

The dogs were absolutely NO HELP last night as I was working. With startling regularity, a wet nose appeared under my desk and a tail whacked my legs (Buster). I'd be sitting and re-reading a section and my relaxed hand got covered in kisses (Belle). Then both the idiots drank up their entire water bow (it holds TWO GALLONS!!) and started scooting it around the floor to let me know they needed more. That is the worst sound, and simply impossible to ignore. Finally, there was one too many HIDEOUS farts so I shoo'ed them outside. (A. wasn't home to deal with them, so I got all of their attention!)

++++

Also of no help to my endeavor last night was our printer. Out! of! Ink! So, I have another errand to run this evening. Bleh.


++++

But! Chapter One is out of my hands!!! WOOT!

8 comments:

  1. Way to go, man! What a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So exciting! I'm so proud of you! Now come to Denver for a little R&R!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Score! That's like TGIF times 25, or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAAAAAAAAAY! well done you! it's CELEBRATIN time now, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! You must feel so light now without that hanging over you, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! Hasta la vista, Chapter 1!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job completing chapter one where it wasn't easy turning that over because you still took a lot of stages. Wishing you all the best in your thesis writing journey.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification. Spambots have found this little blog!