1. My day started with A. delivering the news that the little Mountain Bluebird pair that had taken up residence in one of our birdhouses has been run off by the goddamn sparrows again. A tiny egg was on the lawn, smashed up, and the bird box was empty.
2. Does anyone know if it is possible to discourage sparrows from nesting/hanging out but still encourage other birds? Fucking sparrows.
3. I am pretty crabby today.
4. I am experiencing steady success with Weight Watchers. And yet, last night, I went off the rails. I just HAD to have a giant piece of cake, a beer, and of course, CHEESE. Now I have to be really good for five more days. Sometimes I am stupid.
5. I've been fly-fishing quite a bit already this season. We had virtually no snow in the area, so the rivers are not very high or fast. It is too bad, but it has extended the season!
My first catch of the season was a 16-inch cutthroat. Not bad!
Happy Friday to you!