1. My meeting with my Thesis Advisor went wonderfully! I am shifting the focus of The Thesis slightly in a direction I am much more interested in and the best part - I GET IT. I understand what the hell I am trying to do.
Interestingly, this New and Improved Thesis Direction is nearly identical to what I pitched to my Former Thesis Advisor that got shot down.
2. Seeing as how I am PUMPED and EXCITED and LOOKING FORWARD to working on The Thesis again, I took today off from the office to stay home and work. I usually feel guilty taking any time off from the office for any reason, whether it be sickness or to visit family. But, I've decided I am worth the time. My life and my interestes are worth my time. Quite the shift, yes?
3. It turned out to be the perfect day to take off; we got six inches of wet, heavy snow last night, and three more inches are expected before midnight. It has been a great day to just hole up in the small home office with a warm cup of tea.
4. I wish I could adequately explain how much better my life has been over the past few months. Thank you again for cheering me on as I take thes steps toward a happier and healthier road.
5. The most exciting news of the week has been that A. defended his masters' case studies and is officially done with his dual-masters!!!!! Wahoo!
Congrats, Babe. I am so, so proud of you.
Happy Friday to you!