Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Fuming, again. But for different reasons.

Oh, for fuck's sake.

I've been pissed off since yesterday when I heard the news that President Dipshit commuted Scooter Libby's prison sentence. I've had a headache since yesterday, and I am certain raised blood pressure has something to do with it. I've waited to post in the hopes I might come up with some eloquent thoughts on the matter. Nope. Still just pissed as hell and spouting off expletives like a sailor who drives a truck on my time off ...

My dad would be so proud. Really, he would.

I know I should no longer be shocked at how thoroughly corrupt and unabashedly lawless the current administration is, but I can't help but get completely worked up by this. The rule of law means nothing! (Let alone the Constitution.) Ethics? Ethics schmethics! These smug sons-of-bitches really think they are above the law. It is as simple and as complicated as that.

Seriously - how the hell do we impeach these bastards? Current efforts are UNACCEPTABLE.

Bitch Ph.D. brings attention to Brad DeLong's post that includes a submitted (but rejected) op-ed by Jeff Lomonaco to the LA Times, predicting that President Dipshit would commute Libby's sentence rather than grant him a full pardon. An interesting read.

Over at Acephalous, SEK researched previous discussions on perjury. A very interesting read, as well as a more productive, thoughtful way to vent than my current display of name-calling. What can I say; I have quite a temper.

I think my head is going to explode.

UPDATE: Melissa McEwan over at Shakesville beats me at the name-calling and has won my undying admiration as a result. Oh, and she makes some good points, too (as always!). I'm envious of her abilities...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification. Spambots have found this little blog!