Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Five

1. I went to a driving range last night and tried to swing a golf club for the first time in my life. A. is a pretty good golfer and was quite patient trying to teach me the basics.

He laughed a lot.

I looked like an rusty robot trying to swing a club while having computer glitches. It was pretty awesome.

The weather was perfect, the grass was green, the company fantastic. It was a great night.

2. Boy, I miss the hell out of Buster. But I am spoiling the shit out of Belle, and boy, that is fun as all get-out.

3. I am trying to wrangle all my electronic clutter. (HOLY FUCK, THIS IS A BIG, ANNOYING PROJECT. Any tips?)

I'd like to consolidate my online photos. Which site do you prefer: Picassa, Flickr, or Photobucket? I kind of hate the Picassa desktop application and prefer GIMP for photo editing. Is it worth it to buy a Pro account at Flickr?

4. I am applying for two jobs. I loooove the first position, but might not be very good at it. The other I would totally kick ass but love it less.

5. A. and I will be attending our first Rockies game of the season tomorrow. I cannot believe how bad the team is this year. They make their past few seasons look stellar in comparison. The past few seasons have not been stellar.

I am looking forward to a stadium beer and hot dog, the sound of the crowd, the crack of the bat, the breeze in the air. Oh, I can't wait.

What are your weekend plans?

Happy Friday to you!


  1. Oh, we are in similar golf boats! It is really hard, but so fun. Especially the second or third times you try.

    I have a Flickr Pro account and it has been totally worth it for me. I find the interface intuitive and I appreciate the ability to store full-res photos and sort and organize them as I wish.

  2. i'm another Flickr Pro user! i also find it intuitive and love that i can store an unlimited # of giant, full res photos there.

    #5 made me really want to go to a baseball game, despite the fact that i really do not care about baseball :)

    good luck on the jobs!! i am currently in a job i should not be any good at (was accidentally unqualified for it, although i don't think i or my hiring company realized it at the time) and i LOVE it.

  3. Good luck with the jobs! And look me up if you have time when you're in Denver.

  4. I am so with you on the golf. I whiff at least every third swing. Which is why Jason can only get me on the course once a summer. I think I've golfed maybe 4 times in my entire life.

    Oh, Buster. Give Belle a hug from me, will ya?

    I am trying to wrangle all of my electronic clutter too, and it is overwhelming. Ugh. I use Photobucket for my photos. I used to have a Flickr account, but I don't anymore. The rest of my photos are just sitting on my Mac, waiting to be backed up. Double ugh.

    I hope you get job #1. If you love a job, you'll go all out to be good at it.

    Baseball! We're going to a game on Saturday. Our last few have been in 95-degree heat, so I'm hoping for a reprieve.

    This weekend we're also doing the Color Run (where every kilometer you get colored corn starch tossed on you and your pristine white-shirted self). I am super excited. To the point that I barely remember that, oh yeah, I am still expected to run 3.1 miles!

  5. IMO, Golfing is a game that should only be played for the fellowship & booze.

    If you find a magic bullet for organizing your electronic media, please share! Mine's a hot mess. I just don't even know.

    Good luck w/ your job prospects. Fate will always point you in the right direction, I say.

    Pets stay in our hearts forever. They just do b/c they're special that way.

    This weekend, we're attending a funeral and painting 3 rooms. Gah. Please send beer.

  6. vente lunette de soleil rapide transaction recommandee vendeur + + + + + + + + + + + +

    vente de lunette de soleil Perfect Fit, lunettes de soleil pas cher livraison rapide

    ray ban lunettes de soleil homme Tres heureux, Merci AAAAA *****


Sorry for the word verification. Spambots have found this little blog!