1. I turned the corner to my desk this morning and was greeted by a beautiful Calla Lily plant. My coworkers chipped in and got it for me as a way to say they are thinking of me after the loss of my uncle.
2. What a blessing to feel so cared for by the people you work next to for 40 hours of every week. I am so, so, so fortunate to work where I do.
3. I am going shopping tonight or tomorrow, as quickly as possible, for a dress to wear to a friends wedding and maybe a few more shirts for work. I hate shopping, and I just want to get it over with.
4. A.'s friend bailed on him on their plans to go up and get firewood this weekend. I REALLY need to wrap up the god damned thesis, and this is my ONLY free weekend in the next six weeks. I NEED this weekend to be mine.
But I really don't like the idea of A. going up to the mountains with a so-scary-because-it-can-kill-you chainsaw, cutting down huge-ass so-scary-because-they-can-smoosh-you trees. Plus, then he has to cut the trees to size and load them all by himself.
He is totally willing to do this by himself. I am just worried. It seems like a foolish plan to me.
What do I do?
5. It doesn't even feel like summer. I have gone fishing TWICE. Twice! We have only gone to ONE Rockies game (though, damn, they are breaking my heart this year), and we have only gone camping ONCE. WTF?
I am just in a crabby ass mood.
Happy Friday to you! May you not be surrounded by crabby people!