1. First: THANK GOD IT IS FINALLY FRIDAY.
No, that sentiment is not original, but damn is it ever heartfelt.
2. I am going with A. this weekend to be with our friends. It turns out they are going to be spreading the ashes of J.'s parents, so yes. I will most definitely be there.
3. I am taking my laptop and will work in the car. We are leaving tonight after work and the scenic part of the drive will be in the dark. So, I may as well make use of the time. I took your advice and I have two small but distinct goals for the weekend. Hopefully that will help me focus or relax as needed.
4. I have gone to the gym a few times, and am faithfully recording everything I eat and drink. I manage to stay around 2,000 calories, but haven't really put my heart into trying to stay around 1,500. I think it will be quite possible with some planning, but I just haven't put the time into it. As it is, by staying around 2,000 I am consuming about 4- to 500 less calories a day. That's progress, yes?
And damn. If I try to get all the fruit and veggies and fiber in that I am aiming for, I am stuffed. It is pretty cool.
5. We are kenneling the dogs over the weekend. We both hate doing this. They really don't like it - at all. They are both exhibiting separation anxiety, and it just kills me to see little BELLE shivering as we walk away. OH, GOD. I just kills me. My little brave Belle. Shivering from fear of being left.
We do all the recommended stuff - or rather don't do what isn't recommended. We don't coo over them or say bye or look back. We don't make a big deal of it when we pick them up. But still. THEY SHAKE AND SHIVER.
Help me feel better about this. SOMEHOW.
Happy Friday to you.