Friday, August 7, 2009

Waterproof

I had to go buy some mascara over my lunch break because I cried all the morning's application off during my therapy appointment. I made sure to buy waterproof stuff.

So, yeah.

+++


I am toying with the idea of trying to work some of this stuff that is coming out in therapy here, on this little site. Does that make you squirm? It makes me a little squirmy. I worked long and hard not to know this stuff about myself. Why the hell would I set it out there for all of you? 

I think it could be helpful. If I am working through ideas and issues and digging up stuff, and knowing  I have to work through them at least competently enough for someone else to read perhaps follow along, I might dig in and do it a bit more honestly. You know? If I were to just keep a private journal I don't know if I would push myself the same way as if I know someone out there was going to read it. I could just quit mid-sentence. I could delete the entry and no one would be the wiser. Certainly not me.

Of course, this could drive the five of you away quicker than a cattle prod. 

I could just clam up and resist this inclination all together. But, that game plan is what landed me in the foul box to begin with. 

So.

What do you think? Good idea? Bad idea? Maybe a different blog for it? 


+++

I could use a piece of dark chocolate right about now.

+++

Happy Friday to you.

13 comments:

  1. I think it's a good idea. The stuff you've written so far on similar topics has been really powerful. This is your blog, your place to write whatever you need to write, and all we do here is support you in whatever it is you need to talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your writing, and I agree with Jess, the things you have to say are very powerful and really resonate with me. I am hear to read whatever you want to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I third it: good idea. I think sometimes when a person writes for other people, they have to pull back and present the situation more objectively, with less self pity and more compassion for themselves as a struggling soul. I know I do, anyway--when I write for myself, sometimes I confuse "honesty" with "self flagellation". If that's what you need, this would be a great place to do it.

    (Virtual chocolate)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all for blogging as therapy if you feel comfortable. I'd read and offer my armchair therapist comments as would your other readers. Maybe it would help you feel not so alone with teh crazy? I know it helps me feel that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think most people have different levels of anxiety and hidden things they are dealing with, and in a way it is comforting to read someone else's feelings because it helps people know that they are not the only one. So, it would be good for your readers too. But, of course... do what you feel comfortable with, if it makes you feel sick all day bc you posted something... then it is probably not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everyone else; if you're comfortable doing so, write it here. I think putting it in a more public place rather than a private journal will help with getting feedback and encouragement from everyone, and I think you'll be surprised at the people who share your feelings and/or experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shine a light on all the dark places.

    (Therapy can be scary, hard work. It will change your life. You will never regret it.)

    Share what you want.

    We'll listen in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I for one would SO COMPLETELY dig it. I mean, really. Love you regardless.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoy reading whatever you write and getting to know you via the words. I would feel honored (CHEESY! but TRUE) to know more about you. If it would help YOU, then I'm all in favor. But if you find it's not helpful, you shouldn't feel the need to keep on with it either.

    *big hug*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Different blog! Secret blog! Password protected blog! That's my vote. The stuff spilling from therapy can get quite dark, and can make the rest of your blog veer off somewhere you didn't want it to go.

    Just my .02, which is not worth much I know.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha, ha, how alone I am with my opinion! Well, and my opinions are legendary for being unpopular, so mine should probably tell you to run the other way. Still, as a person who's bled a few of her own issues out into past and present blogs, I will add that my own experience is that your audience tends to shift as your content shifts. If the therapy blogging turns out to be different than your usual blogging, you may experience some shifting. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that you are on to something there. Not only will you help yourself by throwing your open chest wounds out for all to read and then we watch as you stitch them up yourself, I think you could help some of us that may perhaps be going through some similar issues. I have enjoyed the way you have written about your therapy, and I have enjoyed seeing how you have sort of switched a light on inside of yourself. It would be a privilege and an honor to be along for the journey

    ReplyDelete
  13. i say go for it! i'm not very good at Talking (or saying things back when other people are Talking) but it certainly wouldn't scare me away... i'd just leave more awkward comments than usual since that's what i do. :-P

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification. Spambots have found this little blog!