1. This morning I woke up to NPR only to hear of the horrible plane crash in Buffalo. I teared up a bit. I hit snooze.
2. Ten minutes later I woke up to hear that the number one security threat to the United States is economic instability. Visions of hungry, desperate, frightened people all around the world inciting riots filled my head. I hastily smacked the snooze button once more.
3. Finally, after another snooze session, I woke up to the beautiful voice of Nigella Lawson, carrying on about cupcakes. (Recipes are posted at NPR!) I love, love, love Nigella. She transforms the activity of waiting for water to boil into a tantalizing exercise of flirtatious anticipation.
Needless to say, I finally rolled out of bed with a dreamy look on my face, surrounded in a warm blanket of cupcake daydreams.
4. I don't have any of Nigella's cookbooks. I need to remedy that as soon as possible.
5. A. and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day. Both of our birthdays fall closely to it and it would be too much planning for one month! Also, we just aren't into it. Hell, we are both equally ambivalent about marriage; we certainly aren't going to dive into Valentine's Day with abandon.
A.'s birthday is Sunday. Do you 'spose he'd be as tickled with some of Nigella Lawson's cupcakes as I am? Or should I stick to his favorite cake, the Crazy Cake with homemade caramel icing? What do you think?
Happy Friday and Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours!