1. The homemade chicken noodle soup turned out yummy. I've never made chicken noodle soup from scratch before. SO REWARDING. (Also, so inexpensive. Using the remaining parts of that whole chicken, some carrots, celery and onion and spices, the entire pot of soup came in well under five bucks; probably closer to $3.00)
I am excited to keep trying new things with it until I have a "signature soup" that can cure all the nieces' and nephews' colds.
2. I did not misplace that apostrophe up there. A.'s sister is having a girl! There will be TWO nieces as of sometime mid-August. Woo hoo!
3. I am seriously hitting burnout at work. It feels like the terminal kind, not the kind that can be cured by a vacation.
4. Fridays have become my worst days at work. I am on week nine of 16 of producing 16 small films. This is 16 films in 16 weeks, people. This schedule is fucking killing me. As well as all of my other deadlines. Thankfully, I do have a lot of support from my co-workers and they help with what they can, and the director of the films is absolutely awesome to work with.
5. A. insists that Neosporin stings. It does not sting. I don't know where he came up with this. Do you think it stings? I have major, scary stories that have involved copious amounts of Neosporin, and none of them involve scary, stinging Neosporin.
Bummer Bonus: I have shin splints for the first time in my life. They suck. They hurt. They are keeping me from running. I was finally starting to make some real progress in my running, and now I am being slowed way down by stupid shin splints. Yesterday I couldn't run AT ALL. I am trying to take a freakin' clue from my body and take some time off, but I am so frustrated. I nearly cried last night, coming home from the gym. I felt so unproductive and doomed to a body that was changing out of my control.
I am off to pop a couple of Advil and apply a heating pad to my legs for a bit before bed. Bah.
Happy Friday to you! I am eagerily anticipating a Limoncello Martini promptly at 5:15 p.m., myself. Maybe two.