1. Daily ins and outs around here lately have been -- busy.
2. Projects that have been completed, are underway, or are being planned that have made life busy for A. and I:
- budgeted, in excruciating detail, the cost of buying and installing a wood-burning stove rather than remaining solely at the mercy of The Propane Motherfuckers all winter;
- moved money around accounts to pay for said stove;
- researched, then bought a CHAINSAW;
- researched, then bought a trailer;
- bought fencing materials;
- put up 3/4 of the fence;
- bought more fencing materials;
- finished fence;
- Choosing stain for new fence;
- Finding a good evening to stain the fence;
- Scheduled insurance adjuster to see if we had hail damage to the roof and found out that we do, indeed, have major hail damage and need a new roof;
- Pursue estimates from SEVEN different contractors to fix the roof and some siding;
- dealing with copious amounts of INFURIATING paperwork form homeowner's insurance company;
- Buy and install new storm door on front porch; and
- collect estimates to rent machinery and buy gravel to redo lane out to the house.
3. Surprises that have made the list above even more stressful than average:
- Final estimate for the stove came in $800 over the original estimate. Throws off my entire "it will pay for itself in two years easily" argument and I am now doing something known as "fuzzy math" to make it all work. and here I thought I'd never have anything in common with President Dodo!
- The insurance company will only cover cost of replacing roof less the cost of our deductible (ok, I get that) as well as less its depreciation. Huh? Since it is being replaced for hail damage -- as clearly stated on the claim -- how old the roof is should be irrelevant, yes? Has anyone else heard of this?
- So, it appears as though I will be reading and then re-reading our policy and anything else I can get my hands on to prepare for a fight with Foremost Insurance. (Yep - I am naming them. Fuckers.)
4. I've had a headache for about two weeks now and it won't go away. I think this hideous Friday Fave Otherwise Known as The Mundane and Ridiculous List that Won't End is causing it. I hope I don't have to amend Section 3:1-4 with anything else.
5. Needless to say, I've been a huge Stressball and yelled at A. for no good reason. He definitely didn't deserve that. So, I feel like an asshole on top of everything else.
Bonus: This weekend, A. and I are going up to the mountains to get wood for our More Expensive Than Previously Thought Wood Stove. I've never done this. Should be a shitload of work. I hope A. doesn't down a tree in my direction, but I wouldn't blame him if he did.
Happy Friday to you!